Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"NO FINGERPRINTS"!

We had our fingerprint appointment first thing this morning. We were all up early, ate and on the road to Hempstead. It basically went like this:

Traffic
More traffic
Rain
More, you guessed it, traffic!
Got slightly lost (awful directions from Mapquest.com!)
Finally get there & circle for 20 minutes looking for parking...
Find a spot and start walking, more rain!
Then, we get to the office and their is a loooooong line - we wait and wait
Play hangman with Anthony
Play stickers with Eddie
Wait some more

Well, I'm finally called up and all ready to be fingerprinted and I'm told I really "don't have fingerprints", they're worn down - WHAT? I'm told it happens to alot of women, it happens from cleaning, cooking, etc. He said I may be called back to have them done again, but not to panic. They may just accept them the way they are...

I can't imagine having to go back ~ it will delay the adoption ~ and I don't think I can find the office on my own!
Positive thinking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo, Ony you my friend :) Hopefully they won't need them again. You poor thing! Barb

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my {probably printless} fingers crossed for you!
-Jenn