Monday, July 02, 2007

MIA is 17 months old today!

A Half a World Away
~Jill Marshall-Work

A half a world away,
Sometimes it seems we're so far apart.
But a half a world away,
Is not too far for a journey of the heart.
My little one, my precious joy,
I'm waiting for you.
My precious daughter, my little girl,
I know you're waiting too.

A half a world away,
A child waits for a family of her own.
While half a world away,
A family waits to come bring her home.
My little one, my precious joy,
I'm whispering a prayer.

My precious daugher, my little girl,
I hope to soon be there.

It is such a strange concept to know that you have a daughter a half a world away.
To wonder what she looks like, right now
To wonder what she is doing, right now
To wonder what it is like to hug her, right now . . .

Mia is another month older ~
We are so anxious to "come bring you home, our precious daughter, our little girl" . . .

3 comments:

Daniella said...

I am just so excited for you!!! Beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful poem! It really touches the heart!

3 Peanuts said...

Joanne,

I am just so excited for you! I think about you and pray for your little Mia. I cannot wait to see her picture.

I caught a timy glimpse in the flap of the care package I think:)

Kim