Wednesday, December 26, 2007

~ CHRISTMAS EVE ~

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We did. I took many, many pictures; but not a ton. I wanted to enjoy and savor every moment with my family ~ not through a camera lens!

I wasn't even going to post any pictures yet, but I did end up doing a slide show at the bottom of this post.

You see, I've been reading other blogs and seeing their pictures from the past few days. So many are thrilled, happy and joyous because they have ALL their children home with them. They are enjoying all those special moments. Others are sad, waiting for their children who are somewhere in China...not knowing when they'll be home to celebrate with their families. My heart aches for them; as that could have been us. Had I not looked on the WC list in April, we would not have Mia here with us...

Which brings me to think of where she is from, what would have become of her. What has become of her cribmates and the other babies still waiting. "Did Santa visit Mia and the other babies in the orphanage", that's what "A" asked me. I'm not sure Ant. I have to believe that these babies will find their way to their families ~ but at what cost? How long? Why?

I do believe things happen for a reason. We wait because the right baby or child that is meant for us has to come in a certain time. Our time is now, but I pray time speeds up for those who are waiting ~ the families and the children.

Don't get me wrong, I do not feel guilty that we have our girl home with us. I feel blessed, thrilled and actually in awe. We just had our very first Christmas with our two sons and our daughter! We are finally complete.

I was just going to have this post be about. . . well, I'm not sure what the word is. I just wanted to say how grateful I am to have our baby girl here with us, without any pictures ~ just this ~ I do believe in miracles ~ it is so hard sometimes to have faith and hope. But without it, where are we?

I do believe in Miracles ~

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery2.php?source=ppsl&instanceid=96602915

(not sure why my slide shows won't post, but click on the top link for the show!)


This slide show is from Christmas Eve. Everyone comes to us and we have a nice dinner together. Mia was as busy as ever; which made it difficult to prepare the meal. Grandma and Poppy came by a little early to help out (since daddy was working!).

The boys had a wonderful time with their cousins, aunt, uncles and grandparents. We had fish, pasta and ham, among other foods! Mia was teething and had a runny nose - all she wanted for Christmas was to be held - by mommy! Poppy tried to keep her occupied while I cooked - she enjoys company and had a blast running around (when she wasn't in mommys arms :)

We opened presents and played and then ate some more. Miss Mia was pooped and I brought her up to bed. We always have a special moment when I lay her in her crib. She puts each hand up for me to kiss her fingers, then she looks into my eyes and says "mama". I say "I love you" and then in Chinese "Wa Ai Ni" ~ but I always think when she says "mama", I think, "Yes, Mia you have a mama" . . .

We said good-bye to our family and then daddy took the boys outside to sprinkle reindeer food on the lawn. The boys fell fast asleep and . . . Anthony said on Christmas morning that he did indeed hear Santa!!

NEXT POST: CHRISTMAS DAY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a truly wonderful Christmas! The pics came out really nice I must say. M looks like a living doll! It's easy to see how blessed you really are. I especially love the family shot of everyone, very nice! Here's to a wonderful New Year ahead filled with more memories!

Love,
Aunt Michie :)

t~ said...

It's a beautiful post! I'm so happy that you are savoring every moment of your first Christmas together. Waiting is hard, but the reward is so worth it.

~Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hey, JO! Great pics! Your kids are adorable! Love the pic of Mia standing, the boys smiling, and Penny pissed! I've just caught up with your blog, as the past 4 weeks have been quite busy here, and I had no time to log on. We New Jerseyites had as much fun as you Long Islanders this Christmas, but your family has the best gift of all...Mia is home! So happy for ALL of you! ps...I thought of you in Disney (November) while we were sailing through "China" on "It's a Small World"! cousin Laura from NJ!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great! Christmas Eve surely was magical at your house with your complete family! I am so, so happy for you :)