Tuesday, November 24, 2009

~ MY LITTLE TURKEY ~

Yesterday, Mia's preschool had their Thanksgiving "show"- and the parents had to come back 45 minutes early for the performance. When I walked into her classroom all the kids were sitting in their chairs up front...and then I spotted my little girl, with her turkey hat on and a very solemn face. I knew that face...she wanted to be with mommy - period.



Oh boy! My little turkey is mad!

So, Mia ran over to me and sat in my lap and did not want to get up, but one of the teachers coaxed her back to her chair...not for long though. She was starting to get upset and I knew she was about to fall apart...so she sat in my lap and we watched the kids sing. It was so adorable too - it's funny, now that Mia is my 3rd, I am a lot calmer with stuff like this... there is always next year or the year after that that she will "perform" -

she needed her mommy - and that's ok :)

After the show, the kids had some snacks and us mom's tried for some photos:




Meaghan & Mia


me & my little turkey




Mia & "G" ~


O.k., this little boy above, "G", well, he came over while Mia was munching out and he leaned into her and said something, she smiled and he kept talking. All the while I'm looking on with my eyebrows raised..."hmmmm, what's all this about?!" When he left, I asked Mia who it was...she smiled. I asked if it was a friend and she said yes...I asked his name, but she looked at the boy sitting next to her and said his name instead.... Anyhow, on the way out we saw "G" and his family and I told them what happened. We all thought it was adorable and had to pose the future couple. Too cute (although daddy didn't think so - "oh boy!" was his reaction !)


HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE


&


ALL YOUR LITTLE "TURKEYS" !


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hmm Mia's smile is so big next to Mr. G.... Love her braids...
Happy Thanksgiving.
Lisa

Barbara said...

Awww so sweet...Mia looks precious as always. She sure went from mad to very happy!!!! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Anonymous said...

I just love the way she looks in her Thanksgiving hat, so sweet..her braids are precious. What a beautiful little turkey you have! You and your family have much to be thankful for..

Happy Thanksgiving:)
Aunt Michie :)

Colleen said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joanne!!! Looks like Mia didn't stay upset for long!!! Look at that smile! I love her dress....such a perfect Thanksgiving dress.