Saturday, May 12, 2007

BOOK CLUB UPDATE !

I've been reading and reading, and well, reading!!! Our book club chose "The Other Boelyn Girl" for the month of April; however it is over 600 pages long so many of us are still reading!

Let me tell you, I was a bit scared to start such a looooooooooong book; but it is a wonderful read and I find myself daydreaming about the characters. It takes place in the 1500's during the time of Henry the VIII ~ two sisters competing for the love of the king ~ I would recommend it to everyone!


Since most of book club haven't finished last months read ~ we chose a thinner book for May: "The Glass Castle: A Memoir" by Jeannette Walls. It sounds interesting - and is a story of triumph against all odds (her parents chose to be homeless or nomads) and it explains how she was determined to lead a "successful" life.



*Off to the baseball game! Have a great weekend and a wonderful
MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!

No comments: