Sunday, September 02, 2007

We arrived in Nanning!


Wow, the traveling that has been going on with us!


Sept 2nd : Sunday: We arrived at the Beijing airport bright and early with some of our group - we said our goodbyes and headed to our different Provinces. We are traveling with another couple, Michelle & David and they are just great! We get along so good and have so many laughs toether. We are meeting another couple here also.


We had a bumpy and turbulent flight to Nanning! But we made it safe and sound. The weather here is very humid and it has palm trees and reminds us alot of Florida; except for the driving!! It really is as crazy as everyone describes and then some! We were laughing so hard on the way to the hotel because of the bicyles and car and buses who "share" the roads of China are certifiably (sp) nuts! We came within inches of these people and no one has a reaction when almost hit by a van!


We are meeting for a group dinner tonight with our guide,it should be fun to meet the other couple. The time to get the babies has been pushed back to 3:30pm instead of 2pm - not happy about that !


It is so exciting to finally be in China, but very hard to manage the blog, email and impossible for me to upload pictures to the blog - I emailed a friend and she should be able to help me out (I hope!)


Tomorrow is the day ~ Mia Day! I cannot believe we will meet our daughter for the very first time ~ so many lives will change forever in this one day ~ amazing !


What does one wear to meet their daughter for the first time?? I hope I remember my clothes in all the excitement :)


**Anthony and Eddie: I hope you had a nice day - we cannot wait to see and talk to you on skype tonight (or morning for you guys!) We are so close to getting your sister!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

COULDN'T SLEEP ALL LAST NIGHT- COULDN'T WAIT TO GET UP AND CHECK THE BLOG TO SEE YOU FIRST THING... AND WOW!, WOW! and more WOW!
I am so glad to finally see the pictures of your journey!! I still can't believe you BOTH are in CHINA and we're seeing you!! YOU AND ED!!

ONE MORE DAY TILL MIA DAY!
ONE MORE DAY TILL MIA DAY!
ONE MORE DAY TILL MIA DAY!

Counting down the hours/minutes...

Anonymous said...

O.K. i was impressed before but now that i see what Ed conquered...i am super impressed! China seems amazing from these pictures! I still can't believe you are in China!!! I will be waiting (not so patiently) for your next update! Take care of yourselves...Miss You!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Joanne, I soooooooooooooo on pins and needles for you and can't wait to "tune into tomorrow" to see you and MIA!!! I have tears in my eyes for you! Love, Wendi