Sunday, November 18, 2007

~ Christmas Card Picture....torture ~


Oh, the dreaded posing and begging for the perfect Christmas card picture happened yesterday! Did you hear the yelling and pleading where ever you live?
We were exhausted and plan to use one that came out .... decent. I really wanted the perfect picture for this year. Our family is complete and Mia is here with us for Christmas. I came to realized, it doesn't matter how the picture came out, what matters is that all my kiddos are here to laugh and smile (and drive me nuts) ~ we are together, we are a complete family! Nice speech uh?
Anyway, I am proud of this beautiful picture I took of my girl, it shows her sweet and feminine side ~ I love the lighting too! This is not one of the pictures I am using ~ I may frame it though, because there is just something about it I love!
My advice to all those who still have to take their photo ~ have a glass of wine...or three!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture - everything you described. It looks professional. I can relate to the agony of picture taking with more than one child - I so rarely get it right. Once Kayla and I kick this nasty flu-like virus, I will have to start getting to it. If everyone else is well, that is! You are right, though. What a joy that your family is complete, together, healthy and driving you crazy! A blessing even in the tough moments. Can't wait to see your holiday pic -
love,
Miriam

Shandra said...

swwet pictures...she looks so big now!

t~ said...

It's a very sweet photo, but a very funny post. I totally understand! Getting 3 kids to look at the camera at the same time and to look happy is just not an easy thing. In fact...I'm dreading it and I just might remember your advice!

Anonymous said...

If this georgous picture of Mia is any indication of what is to come in your christmas card then I can't wait to receive it!!!! Just beautiful Jo!

Colleen said...

Joanne,
That is hilarious! See I told you so, and it does not get easier! The funny thing is all those pictures you take that you didn't use you will look back on and see how perfect they are! Mia looks beautiful.
Colleen

Lori said...

Haaha, I know exactly what you're saying! I'm sure most of us parents do! :) And you're completely right!
This picture is lovely and yes, it should be framed.
I'm sure you got something great, because like you said you're all together and your family is complete and that's the best Christmas "greeting"! :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I loooove Miss Mia's Christmas outfit! I can relate...3kids and pics don't mix...we just have to enjoy the moment and relax! I can't wait to receive your your 3 gorgeous kids' Christmas card!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo -

This picture is so great, I can't wait to see your final christmas card! I'm sure it will be beautiful! It's such a nice time of year, and it's even more special for you this year with your new addition to the family!

Love,
Aunt Michie :)

3 Peanuts said...

I agree with Colleen. I almost like my bloppers better than the ones I used:) Mia is adorable.


Happy Thanksgiving.

Kim