Thursday, June 08, 2006

June 8, 2006

Needles, needles everywhere!

The day I have been dreading~to travel to China we need to be immunized and Wednesday was the day. It went something like this:

left arm: Hep A shot
right arm: Hep B shot
back to the left arm (forearm): TB test - which is really a SHOT

I should not have made fun of my hubby for almost passing out after his round of shots, because I actually felt faint, like I was getting pale! Now, I have had IV's, spinal block, epidural and given 8 vials of blood at one sitting and never felt even lightheaded! I asked the nurse if these shots had any side effects "no", she told me. So, I felt ridiculous, but the room started spinning and my head really hurt. She made me lie down and took my vitals (I actually told her if I did pass out to give me the MMR vaccine too! Yes, I need that SHOT also!)

To make a long story short, when I was finally allowed to leave, I read the paperwork on these vaccines and in black & white it says (under moderate to severe reactions!) that you could feel any one of these: paleness (had that), fast heart beat (yup!), lightheadedness (oh yeah) and some others I won't mention! I'm not sure why the nurse told me otherwise ~ but at least I felt like less of a whoose!

Until next month, when I have to get my second round of "Hep's"... I must really love this little girl :)

No comments: