Wednesday, April 02, 2008

~ MIA'S BABY SHOWER ~

Yes, yes I know my baby shower was a few months ago and I apologize for not posting pictures sooner. I just happened to be in my "China " drawer (this is where I had ALL of our paperwork for Mia's adoption) and found the CD with all the pictures from my shower which was on August 23, 2007. I truly apologize to my family and friends for not posting pictures of this momentous day sooner ~ this day they surrounded Mia and I with love, support and memories that I will treasure forever.

O.k., as you are viewing my slide show, you will notice that I am not a very expressive person and keep my emotions to myself ~ HA! even I cannot believe the expressions that are going on!


http://widget-cf.slide.com/widgets/slideticker.swf" height="320" width="426" style="width:426px;height:320px">http://widget-cf.slide.com/widgets/slideticker.swf" />

I often reflect on this special day. I am still in awe of all the preparations, how every single detail was perfect, how everyone pulled together to make Mia's shower incredibly special. I will NEVER forget driving up to the shower and seeing everyone standing outside on the lawn, wearing pink and holding pink balloons! It was an amazing sight.

It is so nice to post this now, after Mia has played with and worn and used all of these special gifts. Her book shelf in her room is filled to the brim ~ what a great idea, instead of cards! The last picture, to refresh your memory: Michelle, Meaghan Grace's mommy, secretly sent out Mia's 100 Good Wishes Quilt letter to all of my family and friends. She collected as many as she could and placed the good wishes in a gorgeous scrapbook. Michelle's aunt will sew the quilt and actually at this moment has all of my quilt squares and keeps Michelle updated as to her progress! This is Meaghan's gift to Mia. . . what a gift!

THANK YOU AGAIN, FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A perfect day for a perfect Princess and her mommy!!!!!
xoxoxo
Lisa

Dawn said...

What a wonderful day!! I could not believe all the gifts in the picuture..you are blessed with many wonderful people who obviously were so excited for you to bring Mia home!! I love the book idea too!