Friday, March 20, 2009

~ EVEN "DOLLHOUSE MOMMY" ISN'T ALLOWED OUT ~

Mia has been playing with her dollhouse a lot lately. I just love to ease drop on her little "conversations" ~ she has the baby jumping with daddy, which is one of her favorite things to do with her daddy when he comes home :) I was playing with her the other day and doing a bit of role play: the mommy & daddy were going out to eat and the baby was staying with poppy & gma. Mia still gets very upset if I go out of the house, she always has to know where I am. Two weekends ago, we went out to eat with another couple (Hi Jenn! and had a fabulous time), but Mia got extremely upset and did vomit a bit on the floor after I left! Grandma played it down, but Mia tried to make herself do it again ~ oh, when I hear these things is just breaks my heart in two... anyhow, it is very important that Mia knows I will ALWAYS come back - I try soooo hard to convey that, but she really just freaks out if I say I'm just going up to the store for a minute...it's so hard.
So, I thought a bit of role playing might help. I kept saying over and over "the mommy always come back!". Mia would make the baby get upset if the mommy walked out the door - she's such an actress too :)

Do you know what she made the baby do when the mommy & daddy left? Well, she made the baby follow them and she exclaimed "EAT....TOO!" ~ yup, the baby went out to eat too ~ with the mom & dad :) It was really cute. We won't be going out to eat a-l-o-n-e anytime soon...
P.S. The table & chairs from my previous post worked well during speech this week. Mia sat there for a while, but then the therapist told her if she finished what they were doing, they could go sit on the floor and "play". It worked for the most part. When Mia sees her "lady" drive up, she will run to her table & chair setup and arrange them ~ she really is such a cutie pie :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My...how cute is Mia??? I can see her doing all these things...she is such a smart little girl! That is adorable that she gets the table ready for her speech teacher. I can't believe how much she has learned so quickly...she is a genuis (says Aunt barbara!!!) :)

Sharon said...

Such a cute post!! I am so glad speech is going well. Now hopefully she will keep making her dolls talk so you can be let in to all her little secrets!!

3 Peanuts said...

This is actually GREAT play therapy. Mia is so so cute:)